Wednesday, May 5, 2010

22 March 2010

Getting ready for Jordan has proved very stressful. Money is tight, time is tight... It's just a stressful time!
I need to make a list of everything I need to take care of in the next 50 days.
That's right.. 50 days.
I leave in 50 days.
That's incredible.
I never even thought this would be possible.
This whole experience has been mind boggling and a little crazy, but wonderful.
I guess I'll get on that soon, and start up my lists with my cat, my car, all my belongings going into storage, finding an apartment, putting down a deposit, finding money to pay for all of this...
I'm starting to think about writing a letter to my church at home, and people at home, and asking for donations.
I don't really like that idea, because I don't like the idea of asking for help- but I think that if my church family at home knows I'm doing "biblical archaeology", they'd be inclined to help.
It's not missions, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless.
I also need to decide if I'm deviating or not after the dig is over, because just changing my plane ticket will be $200... I need to find out how much monies I'm going to get from student loans... My trip alone is going to be about $3000.

No comments:

Post a Comment