Thursday, May 20, 2010

Aunt Carol? Uncle Carol? About that......

Perhaps a short blog today... I'm very sleepy and I have a strong desire to watch a movie...

1. Today I spent the hours sifting, and Wes did the digging. (Wes wasn't feeling well... so he got the air conditioned sit-down job inside the cave...)(That's one thing I thought we might all escape- the stomach issues. I'm really surprised how it hits us at different times, or at all, in general. I thought I'd be able to escape it, seeing as in the states all I eat is tuna and pita and hummus and fresh/steamed veggies anyway.... And here all I'm eating is fish, pita, hummus, fresh veggies and juice. Who knows. It's just different! Maybe it's the delicious goat cheese....)
1a. Because I spent all my time "upstairs", I consequently got a sunburn on my forearms. I'm going to have killer farmer's tans- tans so good I could rival any good ol' boy. haha I also will have a glove tan. But only on my right hand.

2. I took a nap today. It was a good decision. Rachel and I have been avoiding naps because we both thought it would make us crabbier and anyone who knows Rachel and I- we should stay as positive and cheerful as possible! even if that means dozing off... haha :) But we both gave in on accident... and took naps, which ended up gloriously.
2a. I really do think 'mood' is a decision, even though I hate to admit it because of extraneous circumstances or people or what have you... I chose to wake up from my nap in a great mood- and I did.

3. We were visited by a pair of crazies the other day. Unfortunately Wes and I were sifting, so we missed the incredible "this is the tomb of Moses" stories. Anyway, his name is Abu Noor (which means father of Noor... Dr Walker couldn't remember his real name.) Abu Noor apparently owned the house where we store things now. He used to be sane, but now he's crazy and thinks he's like... Solomon or someone, and he was with an American writer who is apparently writing Abu Noor's view of the world verbatim. Shrug. Crazies. but fun, eccentric, nice crazies.

4. Last night we went to the market area. It was very very interesting to see all the Jordanian culture in one place. (It was also fun to watch my friends try to haggle. haha) I'm anxious to go back again and try my hand at haggling- I saw a few things I'd like to purchase for myself, and a few things I'd like to purchase as gifts for my favorite people. I just hope my bud Dave will be my stand in habibi/bodyguard/husband again. haha Less people tried to talk to me or get me to come in their store when I walked with Dave as opposed to another girl.

5. I fell asleep AND the internet went out before I finished this... so... onto a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment