Saturday, May 22, 2010

The bad thing about trips like these... You never get "me time".
You are constantly surrounded by people- you can never go anywhere without people, especially if you're a woman- you can never run to your room and just hang out with yourself because you have a roommate (Rachel's pretty awesome, though.) There's never a quiet or dull moment. People are always going and doing and you never want to miss out... but for real. Me time would be kind of nice.

I missed breakfast this morning, so I'm extra cranky. I ate a banana, but it really didn't cut it. I just miss memos sometimes about food and loading/leaving times... And then I miss breakfast.
The trade-off was, I missed breakfast to sleep in and take a shower.

My head hurts, still. Which might be a concern, but oh well, I guess. I'm sure my head is fine. I'll just pop some 'profen.

Sorry this post is so Johnny Raincloud- worn out + hungry + sunburn + different country + can't go anywhere alone + no peaceful shopping = grumpy.

I'm ready to go back to Amman where people know us and pretty much leave us alone.

Hmm... what's something positive?
I bought my Mommy's gift last night. I'm pretty sure she'll love it. I'm working on Nate's and Dad's gift- but it's proving a little more difficult. The gifts I want to buy are tagged at a more expensive price, and haggling is not my specialty.
I had haggled a guy down in Petra- but by the time he lowered to the price I wanted him at, I was on a camel passing his shop. I wanted to yell back "You're only saying 30jd because I'm on a camel and I can't get off!"
silly salesmen.

I hope Rachel is done showering because I'm hungry. And I need to find a dang ATM because I only have 5jd in my pocket. 5jd is pretty worthless round here... so I need some more cash monies.

I got a text from my mommy this morning, so that's good!
And yesterday I got emails from Nate and my mom, so that's doubly good.

Hm. Okay.. I better go and see what's up with checking our luggage and getting some food and taking some blister bandaids to Rachel.

adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment